Sew a purrfect toy cat or keepsake cat with the Katie cat sewing pattern. This pattern will look lovely sewn from fur fabric or as a keepsake made from clothing. Your completed cat will be 35cm (13 3/4″) long, and look like a seated cat with his or her tail curled round and the front paws tucked under
The Katie Cat sewing pattern
download has 9 pages of pattern description including photos of some of the more complex steps, and 5 pages of pattern pieces. There is a photo tutorial with EVERY step of this pattern right on this website, click HERE. Your completed cat will be 35cm (13 3/4″) long, 26cm (10″) high and 27cm (10 1/2″) wide.
I have a Facebook group for makers of my patterns full of help and support. I would love you to join for assistance if you get stuck and to show off your completed Katie cat, click HERE to join
This cat sewing pattern is suitable for an intermediate level of sewer with a sewing machine.
***Please note this is a PDF download pattern only, it is NOT a paper pattern or a stuffed toy ***
Copyright terms & conditions
It is not permissible to make a copy of this sewing pattern except for your own use. It is not permissible to share this pattern either in person, by post or by email. It is not permissible to sell this sewing pattern or a copy of it on to another person.
It is permissible to sell an item that you have made from this pattern in small quantities – for example as keepsake bears and soft toys to sell through your in-person or online shop or at craft fairs. Please include the information that your keepsakes / soft toys are made with a pattern from Rachel Leggett at messystork.com in online descriptions and on Instagram please tag me at @rachel.at.messystork . It is permissible to add or remove a limited number of features to this pattern eg altering the ears / adding a tail etc, please then state in the description that your item is made with a pattern from messystork.com with added / altered etc. If you have any queries regarding this please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fabric: you will need 1/2m of fabric, with a small amount of contrast fabric for the inner ears and any other areas you want to highlight. If you are using fake fur allow a meter to ensure there is sufficient to have the pile laying in the right direction.
- 1/2m of iron on medium weight woven cotton interfacing – I recommend this one
- Eyes: 15mm cat style safety eyes – I bought these
- Nose: 22mm cat nose with whiskers – I used this one
- Toy stuffing and a plastic chopstick, or something similar that is long with a blunt end, to insert the stuffing.
- A child’s paint brush handle or something similarly slim and blunt to push the ears into the right shape
- Plus: pins, cotton thread that matches your fabric, hand sewing needles, scissors, plus pinking shears if you have them and a sewing machine