Sew a purrfect toy cat or keepsake cat with the Katie cat sewing pattern. This pattern will look lovely sewn from fur fabric or as a keepsake made from clothing. Your completed cat will be 35cm (13 3/4″) long, and look like a seated cat with his or her tail curled round and the front paws tucked under
The Katie Cat sewing pattern
Your completed cat will be 35cm (13 3/4″) long, 26cm (10″) high and 27cm (10 1/2″) wide.
This pdf download is 9 pages of pattern description including photos of some of the more complex steps, and 5 pages of pattern pieces. This cat sewing pattern is suitable for an intermediate level of sewer with a sewing machine. Scroll down for a full list of notions.
I have created my sewing patterns after years of keepsake making. I give you all my tips and techniques to make your cat as perfect as possible in the tutorial that accompanies this pattern. For the photo tutorial with EVERY step of this pattern click HERE.
If you need help or would like to share your completed Katie cat I have a lovely community of sewists on Facebook at Messy Stork Makers Club, click HERE to join
Please note this is a downloadable pdf pattern (available globally). If you would prefer a paper pattern to be posted to you (uk only) please go to this listing
When you have paid for your sewing pattern it will appear in Your Account here for you to download and print. The pattern pieces all include seam allowances and need to be printed at Actual Size or 100%
- Fabric: you will need 1/2m of fabric, with a small amount of contrast fabric for the inner ears and any other areas you want to highlight. If you are using fake fur allow a meter to ensure there is sufficient to have the pile laying in the right direction.
- 1/2m of iron on medium weight woven cotton interfacing – I recommend this one
- Eyes: 15mm cat style safety eyes – I bought these
- Nose: 22mm cat nose with whiskers – I used this one
- Toy stuffing and a plastic chopstick, or something similar that is long with a blunt end, to insert the stuffing.
- A child’s paint brush handle or something similarly slim and blunt to push the ears into the right shape
- Plus: pins, cotton thread that matches your fabric, hand sewing needles, scissors, plus pinking shears if you have them and a sewing machine
Copyright terms & conditions
It is not permissible to make a copy of this sewing pattern except for your own use. It is not permissible to share this pattern either in person, by post or by email. It is not permissible to sell this sewing pattern or a copy of it on to another person.
It is permissible to sell an item that you have made from this pattern in small quantities – for example as keepsake bears and soft toys to sell through your in-person or online shop or at craft fairs. Please include the information that your keepsakes / soft toys are made with a pattern from Rachel Leggett at messystork.com in online descriptions and on Instagram please tag me at @rachel.at.messystork . It is permissible to add or remove a limited number of features to this pattern eg altering the ears / adding a tail etc, please then state in the description that your item is made with a pattern from messystork.com with added / altered etc. If you have any queries regarding this please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org