Sew a purrfect toy cat or keepsake cat with the Katie cat sewing pattern. Your completed cat will be 35cm (13 3/4″) long, 26cm high and 27cm wide.
The Katie Cat sewing pattern
download has 9 pages of pattern description including photos of some of the more complex steps, and 5 pages of pattern pieces. There is a photo tutorial with EVERY step of this pattern right on this website, click HERE. Your completed cat will be 35cm (13 3/4″) long, 26cm high and 27cm wide.
***Please note this is a PF download pattern only NOT a paper pattern or a stuffed toy****
I have a Facebook group for makers of my patterns full of help and support. I would love you to join for assistance if you get stuck and to show off your completed Katie cat, click HERE to join
This cat sewing pattern is suitable for an intermediate level of sewer with a sewing machine.
Copyright – I ask that you please respect that a lot of work has gone into the making of this pattern. This pattern can be used to make items to sell through your own shop or at craft shows. However, within any written description of the item for sale please credit Rachel at MessyStork.com with the pattern design. You do not have permission to make a copy of this pattern to sell, or to offer it for free distribution.
- Fabric: you will need 1/2m of fabric, with a small amount of contrast fabric for the inner ears and any other areas you want to highlight. If you are using fake fur allow a meter to ensure there is sufficient to have the pile laying in the right direction.
- 1/2m of iron on medium weight woven cotton interfacing
- Eyes: 15mm cat style safety eyes
- Nose: 22mm cat nose with whiskers
- Toy stuffing and a plastic chopstick, or something similar that is long with a blunt end, to insert the stuffing.
- A child’s paint brush handle or something similarly slim and blunt to push the ears into the right shape
- Plus: pins, cotton thread that matches your fabric, hand sewing needles, scissors, plus pinking shears if you have them and a sewing machine