This doll has button jointed arms that will move for more fun at playtime. She can be made with any of the 4 different hair styles included in the pattern. Once you have added your choice of fabrics, ribbons and buttons you will have made a doll that is truly unique to you, that will make a lovely gift. Your completed rag doll will be 38cm (15″ tall) from tip of toes to top of head, she is 24cm (9 1/2″) high when seated.
Rag doll sewing pattern
Your finished rag doll will be 15 inches tall, from tip of toes to top of head. She is 9 1/2inches high when seated.
Your completed doll will have button jointed arms. that can be rotated 360°.
The doll can be made with any of the 4 different hair styles included in the pattern. Once you have added your choice of fabrics, ribbons and buttons you will have made a doll that is truly unique to you, and will make a lovely gift.
This rag doll sewing pattern includes 8 pages of comprehensive instructions for how to make your doll, and photos of each stage, plus all the pattern pieces. The pattern is suitable for an intermediate level of sewer with a sewing machine. A full list of notions is given below.
I have a Facebook group for makers of my patterns HERE I would love you to join and show your completed makes.
*** Please note this is a downloadable pattern not a physical one ***
Copyright – I ask that you please respect that a lot of work has gone into the making of this pattern. This pattern can be used to make items to sell through your own shop or at craft shows. However, within any written description of the item for sale please credit www.messystork.com with the pattern design. You do not have permission to make a copy of this pattern to sell, or to offer it for free distribution.
- Fabric ¼ m skin coloured for face, arms, and legs. Up to 3 fabrics under ¼ m each for each for upper body, lower body, bottom, skirt; and the legs (if you would like her to look as if she is wearing tights). A fat quarter is ideal as it should give you fabrics that look good together.
- Wool felt for shoes and hair
- ¼ m net for skirt
- ¼ m lightweight interfacing for face
- Toy stuffing
- Buttons for shoes
- 2 buttons for top of arms 1.5cm wide
- Ribbons for hair
- 9mm safety eyes
- Tracing paper or white greaseproof paper to make your pattern pieces
- Fabric glue
- Sewing thread, white and a contrast colour for shoes and hair if you would like
- Embroidery thread for mouth and to gather the skirt
- Dental tape to attach the arms
- Large sewing needle for the embroidery thread, small needle for the ladder stitches
- Doll needle – a 13cm one works well
- Plastic chopstick or similar to push the stuffing into the doll